Highlights: Delhi – Bandhavgarh
Delhi – Hotel The Royal Plaza 5*
Bandhavgarh – Nature Heritage Resort 3*
Set amidst the Vindhyan ranges and the eastern flank of Satpura hill range Bandhavgarh N.P. is one of the best places to see Indian wildlife. The Reserve, named after its highest hill Bandhavgarh (807m.) at its centre, was the former hunting reserve of the Maharaja of Rewa. With less undergrowth than normal, the reserve offers better sightings of wildlife, most notably mammals, including the daylight sightings of Tigers in the grassy ‘maidans’. Don’t forget your camera!
Day 1: London to Delhi
– Arrive Delhi airport.
– Upon arrival at Delhi airport transfer to hotel.
– Rest of the day at leisure.
Day 2: Delhi to Bandhavgarh(by Overnight train)
– Full day sightseeing tour of Delhi.
– You will get a feel for this city as you explore its historic sights. Raj Ghat which is located on the banks of the river Yamuna, This is Mahatma Gandhi’s Memorial, where he was cremated following his assassination in January 1948. Opposite the Red Fort lies Jama Masjid made of red sandstone and white marble, completed in 1656. It is India’s largest mosque. Explore the bustling cultural delight of the colourful market on the ‘cycle rickshaw’ for a unique experience from the Red Fort, through “Chandni Chowk” or Silver Street, experiencing the sights and sounds of this very busy avenue-heading west from the Fort. You will take a view of Red Fort – the 17th century imposing fortress built in red sandstone is surrounded by a huge boundary wall 33m high. Inside are exquisite palaces and beautiful gardens.Afternoon you will head into New Delhi, visiting Humayun’s Tomb, an impressive garden tomb with high arches and a double dome, built by his wife Haji Begum in the 16th Century. An early example of Mughal architecture considered the predecessor of the Taj Mahal. Then continue on to the wonderful Qutab Minar – the landmark of Delhi, the beautiful grounds feature the well preserve a huge tower of victory standing over 72 meters. You will drive on to Rajpath and through to India Gate and the Lutyens Delhi with its tree lined boulevards leading to the British Viceroy’s Palace (Rashtrapati Bhavan) now the official residence of the President of India, the Secretariat, India Gate and Parliament House.Transfer to H.Nizamuddin railway station to board overnight train for Katni.
Arrive Katni railway station
Katni to Bandhavgarh (110 kms, 2-3 hrs)
– 07:05 hrs: Arrive Katni railway station.
– Upon arrival at Katni railway station you will travel by road to Bandhavgarh for a 2 nights stay. Bandhavgarh is a small National Park, compact, yet full of game and the highest tiger population in India. It is also known as the White Tiger country, which has been found in the old state of Rewa for many years.
– Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 4 & 5: Bandhavgarh
– Both days morning safaris.
– Both days afternoon at leisure.
Bandhavgarh to Katni by surface
Katni to Delhi by train
– Breakfast at hotel.
– Transfer from hotel to Katni railway station in time to board overnight train for Delhi.
– Overnight on board.
Day 7: Delhi
– 05:15 hrs : Arrive H.Nizamuddin railway station
– Upon arrival at H.Nizamuddin railway station meet and assist by our representative and transfer to hotel (1400 hrs standard check in time – luggage can be kept at bell captain desk)
– Rest of the day at leisure and Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 8: Delhi to London Heathrow by flight
– Transfer from hotel to Delhi airport in time to board flight for London Heathrow.