This all-suite couples-only retreat has a chic style, excellent dining and superb swimming pools.
Head down to south-coast Maxwell Beach and you’ll find this recent addition to Sandals’ portfolio, the younger sister to neighbouring Sandals Barbados. It follows the same Luxury Included® concept with great service and an incredible range of facilities and watersports, but also has some particularly neat features. The sleek white-washed design is punctuated with an eclectic mix of Mediterranean-style terracotta roofs and thatched rondoval cottages; there’s a glass-fronted infinity pool which cascades down towards the beach, framed by futuristic pyramid-shaped cabanas. Take a break from sunbathing at Sandals’ first four-lane bowling alley, grab a drink from the adjacent Lover’s Lane Craft Beer Bar and unwind in the rooftop pool as the sun sets over Oistin Bay.
As well as the usual array of outstanding dining, we love the pair of new restaurants here. Visit Chi Asian Fusion to experience the flavours of China, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam all in one menu; discover the lesser-known delights of US food at American Tavern, from New England Clam Chowder to Maryland Crab Cakes. Be sure to try Sandals’ debut gourmet doughnut shop and Jerk Shack, too. As part of the brand’s exclusive ‘Stay at One, Play at All’ exchange programme, you’ll also have access to the amenities, bars and restaurants next door at Sandals Barbados.
Rooms are light, splashed with seaside colour and spread across three areas – Royal Seaside Village opens out onto Maxwell Beach’s white sands, the Rondoval Suites are in the middle of the resort and South Seas Village sits at the other end. Go all out and choose one of the beachfront rooms – the Beachfront One Bedroom Skypool Butler Suite with Balcony Tranquility Soaking Tub has a private cantilevered infinity-edge skypool, and the Honeymoon Suite is literally steps from the sand.
On Maxwell Beach on Barbados’s south coast, overlooking Oisitin BayAirport transfer time:Approx. 15 minutes from Barbados airport Rooms:272
Good to know
Minimum stay 2 nights. Couples over 18 only.
Club Sandals upgrade
‘Club Sandals’ offers guests in Club Level Rooms a range of fantastic benefits. Guests will be met on arrival by a Concierge agent and privately checked in at the Club Lounge and escorted to their room.
In the 24-hour, air-conditioned Club Lounge guests can enjoy the following facilities:
• Select alcoholic beverages, sparkling wine, fruit juices, soft drinks and water
• Concierge signature drink
• All day snacks and pastries:
• Morning – Danish pastries, muffins, banana bread
• Mid-afternoon – Sandwiches and wraps
• Late-afternoon- Afternoon tea
• All day – Assorted biscuits, Jamaican deserts and a range of fruits
• Flat-screen television
• Selection of board games
• Coffee machines serving fresh ground espressos and cappuccinos
• Kindles to use in the lounge
• Free internet access
• Exclusive events include a weekly cocktail party, wine tasting from the manager’s wine list and a martini evening.
• Guests will be offered assistance with planning their stay, will be presented with a weekly planner, helped with dinner, spa, tour and private dinner bookings and, if required, will have daily contact with staff throughout their stay.
• Other benefits include: Robes in all rooms, a daily restocked fridge with selected alcoholic drinks, water and soft drinks and personalised Island Routes Club Sandals Tours.
• Book a catamaran cruise* • Enjoy a game of beach volleyball • Explore Bridgetown during a historic walking tour* • Head to the Red Lane® Spa* to indulge in a variety of treatments
6 restaurants, doughnut shop, 4 bars
Luxury Included® All Inclusive: • All meals, snacks and unlimited premium brand drinks including a selection of wines by Robert Mondavi® • Red Lane® Fitness centre • Non-motorised watersports including kayaking, Hobie Cat sailing, snorkelling and paddleboarding • Daily scuba diving for PADI certified divers • Nightly entertainment
*Denotes local charge